Would you like to:
- get together with other students to talk about the study and practice of History?
- find out what inspired your professors to become historians?
- see your professors debate key questions in the field?
- get personalized mentoring from an experienced graduate student?
- explore what you can do with a history degree?
If so, consider joining Berkeley Connect in History! When you enroll, you are assigned a mentor (an advanced graduate student or postdoctoral fellow) and placed in a small group (of not more than 20 students) led by your mentor.
- Small-group discussions about important ideas, texts, and methods
- One-on-one advising with your mentor focused on your academic questions, concerns, and aspirations
- Special events featuring distinguished History faculty and alums, including a career panel
- Excursions to visit the rich resources available to you on the Berkeley campus
No papers, exams, or outside reading required—just lots of face-to-face interaction with others who share your passion for history. By participating in Berkeley Connect for one semester you receive one unit of credit. More program details are available at berkeleyconnect.berkeley.edu.
How to sign up:
Enroll via CalCentral in a section of History 98BC/198BC (Directed Group Study) that is designated Berkeley Connect.
We try to group students by class status, but you can enroll in any section that fits your schedule and credit requirements.