Donors play a critical role in sustaining and enhancing the teaching and research mission of Berkeley History.
The Department uses Friends of Cal History funds to support the following items:
- Travel grants for undergraduates researching the material for their senior thesis project
- Summer grants (for travel or language study) for graduate students
- Dissertation write-up grants for PhD candidates
- Grants for graduate students who are presenting papers or participating in job interviews
- Prizes for the best dissertation and undergraduate thesis
- Equipment for the graduate computer lab
- Workstudy positions that provide instructional support
- A graduate space coordinator position
Most importantly, Friends of Cal History funds may support students in any field of study, so the Department can direct funding where it is most needed. This unrestricted funding enhances our multi-year financial package for students, allowing the Department to maintain a level of quality that has long been a hallmark of a Berkeley degree.
Please consider donating to the Department of History using the form on this page or by visiting give.berkeley.edu/history. You may also mail checks, payable to UC Berkeley Foundation, to the Department of History, 3229 Dwinelle Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-2550.