Departmental Forms

Forms are linked below or available in 3310 Dwinelle.

General History Petition *

Requests for exceptions to program requirements. (Consult with field advisor.)

Approval of Fields for PhD *

Must have fields approved before constituting PhD exam committee. Normally done by the end of the first year.

Constitution of PhD Oral Qualifying Exam Committee *

Consult faculty in field and adviser. Form should be completed no later that 1-1/2 months prior to proposed exam date.

Fulfillment of Foreign Language by History 280, 285, 299

Consult seminar instructor. Form should be completed at the beginning of the semester.

Application for Readmission *

Due early summer for the following Fall and early Fall for the following Spring.

If student has been withdrawn for more than 5 years, the readmission application must be submitted by December ONE to the Admissions Assistant, AND student must use the online Graduate Application for Admission and Fellowship to re-apply and upload all required application materials by December ONE. Student is then  reviewed against the new applicant pool.

Student Hire Data Form

Use this form when attempting to be employed as a student assistant and graduate student researcher title. Note that this is the second step in a four-step process, and work is not allowed to commence until the final step of hiring paperwork has been confirmed.

* Subject to the approval of the Graduate Advisors Committee.
 Petitions are to be submitted to the Graduate Student Affairs Officer unless otherwise noted.